Technical Designer - Mid-Level - Architecture 10/12/2017
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Technical Designer - Mid-Level - Architecture
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As a Gensler Architectural Designer, you will collaborate with our design team to develop innovative design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of a project. As an Architectural Designer in the Mixed Use studio, you will have the opportunity to develop your architectural and design career by joining a team that turns ordinary spaces into works of art. You will assist the Project Architect and Design Leader with project coordination in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production..
What You Will Do
* Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
* Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
* Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
* Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
* 5-10+ years of related project experience
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture, or foreign equivalent
* Experience in Mixed Use projects is considered an asset
* Proficiency in Revit
* Proficiency in modeling using 2D/3D software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3D Studio MAX, and/or Rhino utilizing Vray
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
* Knowledge of materials, construction techniques and building codes
* State Licensure and LEED accreditation a plus
* Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and parametric design software including Grasshopper, a plus
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.