This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 1/20/2018
West Palm Beach, FL
Ideabar is a full-service advertising agency powered by Cox Media Group that tells powerful brand stories. Our Marketing Vanguards + Media Rockstars build brands, develop digital marketing strategies, leverage data insights, craft experiences and are wildly creative in all media. Our mantras are: more talent, less ego; be kind and direct; default to yes; and play well with others. We are growing fast because we are helping our clients grow. Our award-winning creative shop is based in West Palm Beach, Florida and we operate satellite offices across the country.
If you are a creative visionary who can help clients imagine exciting solutions and direct creative professionals to create those solutions, then you might be our newest Art Director. We are looking for an experienced Art Director to develop creative concepts and oversee the work of highly talented creative professionals including designers, writers, animators, video editors and photographers.
Our ideal Art Director can articulate and visualize a concept and set stylistic and artistic direction for a wide variety of agency services from brand creation to brand and advertising campaigns for all media to custom websites. There s nothing that can t benefit from your creativity from the annual agency holiday card to our largest most effective and award-winning projects.
The winning candidate will be a leader in a growing agency backed by one of the World s largest privately held media companies. Meet your new colleagues and view their work at ideabar.agency
* 25% Consults with clients and collaborates with agency professionals to generate ideas and conceptualize solutions for a variety of applications
* 60% Gives art direction to a team of graphic artists and other creative professionals, coaching and leading them toward a standard of talent and quality, and creating work that delights clients, fulfills creatives, drives business and is recognized as excellent.
* 15% Initiates in-house training and identifies other training opportunities to keep designers on top of trends and technology.
* Responsible for leading, identifying, hiring and cultivating the most talented graphic artists in Palm Beach County as compared to any competitive advertising or marketing agency.
* Hires and art directs the work of freelance photographers and illustrators
* The responsibilities above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with a design or related creative degree, and/or equivalent job related experience.
Yrs & Type of Experience
Minimum of five years experience in design or related creative field giving art direction and managing a creative team.
Proficient in InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator and best practices for building social media audiences on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and Pinterest
Sophisticated use of typography
Current on design trends
Strong organizational and project management skills
Ability to multi-task and create quality work in volume
Analytical and strategic problem solving skills
Strong attention to detail
ABOUT COX MEDIA GROUP
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-FL-West Palm Beach-2751 S Dixie Hwy
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Director/Senior Director
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.