ASO Operations Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/28/2017
Cambia Health Solutions
The ASO Operations Program Manager manages small and large-scale complex projects or multiple related projects (programs) in support of selling and servicing our ASO customers. The Program Manager oversees all aspects of projects or programs, such as change in direction, scope, benefits, costs, and timing while minimizing financial risks. The Program Manager oversees the project activities of multiple project managers or functional leaders, and works closely with management to ensure successful delivery of the projects and programs. The Program Manager will also be tasked with being the responsible owner of specific enterprise-wide processes, providing leadership, structure and discipline in partnership with cross functional stakeholders to ensure these processes are functional optimally.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
* Responsible for project delivery and outcomes through effective project planning, task definition, scope management, resource allocation and negotiation, risk mitigation, cost management, and stakeholder communication to successful completion; accountable for the quality and timeliness of all defined projects, and for issues (goals, resource allocation, release planning, technology architecture, etc.) within the projects.
* Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and maintaining programs to meet organizational goals.
* Maintains the efficiency and discipline of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment.
* Ensures integration of related projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
* Communicates effectively with cross functional leadership and team members to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
* Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to stakeholders.
* Provides team leadership and creativity in the planning and implementation of the project and assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate project resources and provides guidance and direction to project team members.
* Manages overall project plan(s), prepares and presents project plans and status reports to organizational leadership, project teams and client/customer groups. Defines, collects and analyzes metrics to ensure projects are on target.
* Manages and communicates inter-project dependencies and issues (goals, resource allocation, release planning, technology architecture, etc.), coordinating and/or directing the activities of project managers involved in dependent projects as appropriate.
* Provides overall guidance/responsibility for development of business case documentation, project justification including return on investments (ROIs,) project plans, meeting coordination, communications, quality assurance reviews, and turnover. Manages rather than reacts to sponsor initiated pre-project launch activities.
* Supports the Project through optimizing executive leadership and sponsor engagement and serves as the primary interface with the Directing Sponsor of the project in addition to working closely with senior management, various boards and steering committees, and business function managers to ensure the project achieves the intended business results.
* Mentors and develops project management skills in project managers.
* Proactively recommends courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness.
Competencies and Knowledge:
Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
Demonstrated portfolio of successful, progressive project management with at least ten years of experience including leadership roles in the execution of large-scale, concurrent projects.
Demonstrated experience with Budgeting, Change Management, Client Management, Project Management Methodology and Business Life Cycle, Mission /Vision/Strategy, Project Planning and Organization, Risk Management and Resource Management.
Demonstrated success in establishing specific deliverables for stakeholders assigned to projects and programs.
Demonstrated success at meeting project budget, timelines, requirement targets and managing variances.
Demonstrated experience working proactively with business sponsors and partners to identify and implement solutions. Also skilled in the identification, assessment and contingency planning for risk factors.
Demonstrated success at mentoring and developing project management skills in others.
Must have demonstrated experience in interfacing with multiple support disciplines and understand how to effectively lead and operate in a matrixed organization.
Expertise in the use of automated project management software tools.
Strong leadership with proven ability to motivate teams to achieve defined deliverables and work effectively with clients.
Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing, presenting, listening, and facilitating.
Ability to negotiate for competing resources and to generate consensus among multiple priorities.
Desire to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment with ever-changing priorities. Flexibility that allows effective teamwork with people at all levels of the organization.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Program Manager would have a Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or related field and 10 years of experience in project and/or program management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of three years experience in supervisory/management role preferred.
Required License or certification:
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent work experience preferred.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield