This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
DIXON VALVE & COUPLING
JOB DESCRIPTIONDixon Valve is looking for an Assembler to join its manufacturing team in Chestertown, MD on 2nd shift (2:30 pm-11 pm) Training however will be completed on 1st shift (6 am-2:30 pm). The Assembler will assemble parts to form complete units or sub-assemblies at a bench or conveyor line. You will use hand tools, small power tools and other special equipment. You will receive detailed written and verbal instructions on all work. This position also would require the assembler to reassemble or rework units.
At Dixon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nation s heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Make the Right Connection with Dixon.
What your responsibilities will be:
* Assemble parts on a bench or conveyor line
* Operate hand tools and small power tools to complete the assembly
* Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
* Reassemble or rework units
What you must be able to do:
* Communicate with employees on manufacturing floor
* Have flexibility and dexterity with fingers and hands for manipulation of parts and components
* Must be able to operate hand tools and other machining equipment
* Pay attention to detail
* Use basic mathematics specifically addition and subtraction
* Stand for long periods of time
* Follow instructions
* Have a mechanical aptitude
* Lift and maneuver 70 lbs. consistently over the course of a shift
* Work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employment at DVCC, Inc. is contingent upon the candidate's ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screening and physical capabilities test if applicable.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status and any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity