Assistant/Associate Professor of Information Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
University of Arkansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The typical teaching load for tenure-track faculty is four classes each year thereafter, usually with no more than 2 course preparations per year (i.e., a 2-2 teaching load). Assistant Professors teach three courses per year for the first three years (which could all be taught in one semester depending on the individual s preference and departmental needs). The courses taught could be a mix of graduate and undergraduate courses, and a mix of face-to-face and online courses, as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* Must be Scholarly Academic per AACSB accreditation standards which includes completion of a doctorate in information systems or a closely related field, prior to the position start date, from a nationally or internationally accredited university conferred by the start of employment
* Associate Professor candidates should have an established publication record in excellent peer-reviewed information systems or related field journals, whereas Assistant Professor candidates should demonstrate an ability to publish in such journals
* Associate Professor candidates should have an established record of teaching excellence at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, whereas Assistant Professor candidates should demonstrate promise of such teaching excellence
* Teaching a broad range of information systems courses at various levels is important
* Some of the specialized areas in which our faculty members may be expected to teach include business analytics, enterprise resource planning, database, and enterprise systems
* Candidates who have documented excellence and experience in teaching and an interest in both face-to-face and online course delivery
* Special consideration will be given to prior experience and expertise in teaching courses focused on database/data warehouse/data, analytics, enterprise systems, and enterprise resource planning
* Candidates with a demonstrated record of or interest in publishing in leading information systems journals, such as MIS Quarterly and Information Systems Research (ISR)
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Criminal background check
* Sex offender registry check
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.