Assistant Director of Development, Donor Relations 10/11/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Assistant Director of Development, Donor Relations is an integral member of the stewardship communications and donor engagement team. Reporting to the Director of Development, Donor Relations for Principal Gifts, the Assistant Director is responsible for writing, designing and producing custom and highly personalized stewardship pieces. Additionally, the Assistant Director participates in strategy sessions with Major Gifts staff, and collaborates with colleagues in managing the suite of $1M Donor Relations pipeline lists and internal reports.
The ideal candidate should be a superb writer with solid project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituencies to produce timely and effective stewardship and cultivation pieces.
All applicants must apply online via http://www.massgeneral.org/. Applications must include a current resume and a cover letter detailing applicable experience and accomplishments.
Massachusetts General Hospital is one of the worlds top academic medical centers. Founded in 1811, it is the third oldest general hospital in the United States and the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, where nearly all our staff physicians serve on the faculty.
We remain committed to the simple vow of service that our founders made in a letter seeking community support for Mass Generals creation: When in distress, every man becomes our neighbor. More than two centuries later, that promise sustains our commitment to deliver the most advanced and compassionate care to patients and their families. As home to the largest hospital-based research program in the nation, we continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in medicine. And as we strive to make a difference today in the health of communities locally and around the world, we prepare for tomorrow by educating the next generation of healthcare providers and researchers.
THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
The Development Office is a vibrant and collaborative team focused on advancing the hospitals mission of healthcare excellence. We are devoted to nurturing and expanding the philanthropy that makes the pursuit of this mission possible.
We offer a competitive benefits package including generous healthcare and retirement plans, an annual Development team bonus program (based on meeting the fundraising goal) and a flexible work environment. We also provide an array of professional development opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Write, edit and prepare personalized and meaningful philanthropy impact reports or stewardship deliverables for an assigned portfolio, including multi-fund donors, principal and major gift donors.
* Collaborate with gift officers and key hospital staff to prepare compelling stewardship report narratives. Attend the Major Gifts donor pipeline meetings, as needed.
* Manage all aspects of report design and production, including working with vendors, Development and hospital staff to ensure accurate content and format.
* Track all activity in Raisers Edge and on the Master Report Tracker, produce statistical and progress reports analyzing measurable results on quality and effectiveness.
* Collaborate with the Director on stewardship communications and deliverables to enhance cultivation and/or donor retention. Assist the Director with stewardship for $5M Circle members, as needed.
* Collaborate with the team and other colleagues on annual endowed fund reports, acknowledgement and other stewardship letters, as needed.
* Promote creativity, initiate new ideas and stewardship efforts, and actively participate in setting Donor Relations team goals and metrics.
* Take an active role in assisting the team to identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiencies of Donor Relations, especially within her/his primary functional areas.
* Assist with training activities and the ongoing development of key tools and resource guides for gift officers. Update processes, procedures and resources in print and on Development Office intranet.
* Advise colleagues within the department in report writing and editing.
* Contribute to maintaining positive office morale, even in the face of high work volume and challenging periods.
* Take on other office-wide duties at the request of Development leadership.
* Adhere to the mission, credo, and standards of behavior of Mass General Hospital.
* The ideal candidate should possess the following skills, abilities and attributes:
* Bachelors degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, required
* Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Strong commitment to quality work, customer service and high productivity
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and prepare timely responses
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
* Experience with Raisers Edge or fundraising software preferable
* Knowledge of and/or experience with design software preferable
Mass General is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected groups such as veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.