Assistant Facilities Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Assistant Facilities Manager
Auto Req ID
Provide outstanding client service by assisting the Area or Site Manager in the management, monitoring, and control of a commercial building or portfolio of buildings, with a focus on building operations, service contracts and financial management.
* Proactively develop and manage client relationships ensuring that expected service levels are achieved.
* Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators.
* Deliver an exceptional quality of service to the client, as reflected by client feedback.
* Manage the site in accordance with all agreed policies, procedures and contract scope.
* Identify opportunities for improved operation to drive efficiencies (process and cost) and make recommendations to the Area/Site Manager for consideration.
* Assist with site responsibilities for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, critical systems, HVAC, generator and others defined within the portfolio of respective sites.
* Support the implementation of innovative programs and processes that reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity.
* Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety, Environment and Risk Management policies and procedures in conjunction with the Area/Site Manager, manage repairs and maintenance, minor works and other requests received via the help desk, tracking to completion.
* Under the direction of the Area/Site Manager, support the MAC team during building churn activity by attending site as required and acting as the building key point of contact/escalation.
* Assist in managing Vendors, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contract and to agreed standards. Document and escalate instances of poor performance.
* Coordinate internally with other teams which may include fitness, food services, massage, transportation, Security and capital projects.
* Support the Site and Area Manager in the implementation of short and long-term projects for the client.
* Support the sourcing SME and Area/Site Managers through the vendor contract procurement process.
* Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and emergency response documentation for the site as required.
* Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the site/s.
* Deliver portfolio management reports as required under the Agreement with the Client and as requested
* Any other activities to support site operations, including, but not limited to: Moves/reconfigurations, events, safety, reception and mail services
FINANCE MANAGEMENT | COST CONTROL | PROFITABILITY
* Assist the Area/Site Manager to achieve or exceed financial targets and ensure effective, efficient and economic operation of assigned responsibilities.
* Ensure that operational expenditure for the site/s is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies
* Assist with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the site/s.
* As requested by the Area/Site Manager, prepare current financial year budget spend reports (actual vs. budget, variance etc.).
* Manage payments to vendors where applicable, using available systems, complying with all relevant policies
* Help to develop and approve the annual capital plan for each building, interfacing closely with the client
* Manage payments to Vendors where applicable, using available systems, complying with relevant policies
* Ensure compliance within delegated financial and contractual authorities.
* Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
* Proactively manage the site operations team
* Participate in the individual performance management program, and personal development planning
* Act as an ambassador for JLL by behaving consistently with cultural and ethical requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate or Bachelor s degree in Facilities, Property, Business, or related field desirable.
* Minimum 2 years of experience of supervisory experience facilities management or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILIITES
* Proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms.
* Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.