Assistant Manager - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 4/10/2018
The Body Shop Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
As a member of our management team, you will be sharing responsibilities with the Store Manager for the activities of the store and maximize sales within guidelines set forth by the operating manuals. In the Manager s absence, the Assistant Store Manager has all duties, responsibilities, and authority of a Store Manager. Ensures the store s #1 priority is customer service.
You will establish and maintain superior professional standards in the areas of sales, customer service, visual presentation, inventory management, operations, personnel management and development, while demonstrating and upholding the values and vision of the company.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Consistently helps to achieve store goals through the staff as set forth by the Store Manager.
* Personally sets an excellent example in sales and customer service; leads the sales staff through example.
* Assumes an active role in training new store staff in sales techniques.
* Enthusiastically administers events, promotions, and contests.
* Supervises the selling floor when Store Manager is not present.
* Works to enforce direction in compliance with corporate guidelines in support of the Management team.
* Assists in orientation and training of new store staff.
* Maintains open lines of communication with supervisors and subordinates.
* Maintains and enforces high standards of personal image and style in compliance with corporate guidelines.
* Assists with the implementation of Events within Corporate guidelines.
* Ensures back stock is rotated.
* Maintains a neat, clean, clutter free store.
* Ensures excellent merchandising presentation through corporate direction. Adheres to all company policies and procedures as outlined in all store manuals.
* Responsible for intelligent and expedient application of in-store customer adjustments, exchanges, and returns.
* Is acutely aware of expense control, and monitors all expense related activities in compliance with direction.
* Controls cash deposits in compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Assists with the accurate and timely execution of all markdowns, transfers, and promotions.
* Responsible for accurate input of information into the register to ensure adequate stock flow.
* Shares accountability with Management team for shortage results within established guidelines.
* Adheres to and enforces all Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
* Continually aware of shortage problems and reports all observations to the Store Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 1-3 year s supervisory experience required
* 1+ years prior consultative sales experience required
* Prior customer service experience required
* 1-3 year s experience working in a retail business preferred
* Prior experience working in cosmetic industry preferred
* Must be (18) years of age or older due to supervision responsibilities, safety and security issues and responsibilities associated with company assets
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Open availability for evening, weekend, and holiday shifts
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Proven ability to drive sales results
* Effective management skills
* High standards of tact, discretion and confidentiality
The Body Shop International plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.