Assistant Manager of Quality Assurance & Compliance 9/16/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Assistant Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager ensure all Quality Assurance aspects related to the plant are met. This includes providing direction to assure the facility has the proper systems, knowledge, capabilities, and practices to comply with all pertinent regulatory, certification programs, and customer requirements. Specifically, the Assistant Quality Assurance Manager ensures compliance, promotes quality and has ongoing interaction and responsibility with personnel and processes in all departments. This position is a leadership role, and as such is expected to inspire employees to greater levels of professionalism, quality, productivity and engagement in the DFA Team. The Assistant Quality Assurance Manager works closely with Plant Management, Plant Employees, and serves as a liaison with the DFA enterprise wide functional departments such as Quality Assurance and Compliance, Human Resources, Accounting, and New Product Development, Innovation, and EH&S.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Continuously drive the facility's culture toward a higher level of safety. Challenge status quo safety behaviors, engage in Safety initiatives and ensure safety related training is attended by all employees.
* Assist QA Manager with developing, implementing and maintaining Quality Systems.
* Coordinate preparation and corrective actions for regulatory, customer and internal audits and inspections.
* Coordinate process for timely issuance, distribution and compliance with plant procedures.
* Coordinate FDA Low Acid Canned Foods Record Review process.
* Administer plant Good Manufacturing Practices program.
* Review quality trends, track root cause of quality failures, coordinate corrective action.
* Coordinate the sustainability and annual review of the Safe Quality Foods Program.
* Identify and implement developmental plans and training for supervisors and support staff reporting directly and indirectly.
* Ensure the department's activities remain in or exceed the standards and specifications established by Quality Assurance.
* Engage and interact with all personnel on a regular basis assisting them with their concerns and questions.
* Drive key performance indicators to all levels within the organization related to Quality Assurance and participate in making recommendations for necessary changes to enhance the business objectives.
* Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in department, operations, and other areas of the facility as part of the team to ensure plant sustainability.
* Manage employee's performance through establishing expectations, holding people accountable and developing the understanding of the sense of urgency in addressing Operational needs.
* Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process, the injection of new products or product lines, and the development of new plan and designs.
* Ensure good business communication practices are engaged at all levels to ensure key stakeholders are well informed, have the ability to appropriately respond.
* Ensure all process changes, equipment changes or product changes are understood by all employees in a timely fashion.
* Ensure a decisive understanding of budgeting, uptime, problem solving techniques, motivational techniques, long range planning, and Employee & Labor Relations are understood and implemented during the course of business.
* Other duties may be assigned as required that are within the FLSA status of this position.