Assistant Store Manager Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/1/2018
Dick's Sporting Goods
Jefferson City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking an Assistant Store Manager to lead store operations.
As an Assistant Store Manager - Operations, you will be responsible for operational functions in the store, including freight flow, front end, cash office, pricing accuracy, and Omni-channel fulfillment (Ship from Store - SFS & Buy Online/Pick-up In-Store - BOPIS) and achieving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results by supporting the Store Manager. You will directly manage a team of associates assigned to the operational functions of the store and have a dotted-line responsibility for managing associates in other areas of the store when serving as Head Coach (Manager on Duty).
Essential Functions of this position include:
* Ensure the operations departments/teams meet all company operational standards
* Hold associates accountable for meeting established operational guidelines, brand standards, customer service expectations, and company policies
* Drive customer experience through front end interactions
* Manage associate performance matters, including appraisals, promotion recommendations, and discipline
* Execute back office procedures including pre-/post-employment and active employment processes
* Review front end candidate applications, interview, hire and on-board/train hourly associates for the Operations teams/departments
* Validate schedules for the assigned department(s) and monitor payroll on a daily basis to ensure payroll plans are met, including scheduling associates to complete non-selling activities as needed
* Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures; may serve as store 'Shrink Coach'
* Other tasks/responsibilities as business needs dictate
At DICK'S Sporting Goods, our goal is to become the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: We offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment. As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
* 1-3 years Retail Assistant Store Manager, Department Manager (Big Box preferred) or Retail Store Manager experience required
* World-class customer service skill and interpersonal/communication skills
* Affinity for developing talent
* Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
* Attention to detail
* Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
* Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
* Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
* Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://dsg.contacthr.com/58145585.jpg /