Associate Accountant 10/8/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company, is the founder of RF silicon on insulator (SOI) and is a leading fabless provider of high-performance, integrated RF solutions. Since 1988 Peregrine and its founding team have been perfecting UltraCMOS technology - a patented, advanced form of SOI - to deliver the performance edge needed to solve the RF market's biggest challenges, such as linearity. With products that deliver best-in-class performance and monolithic integration, Peregrine's product portfolio is the trusted choice for market leaders in automotive, broadband, industrial, Internet of Things, military, mobile devices, smartphones, space, test-and-measurement equipment and wireless infrastructure. For more information, visit http://www.psemi.com.
The Company s unique technology and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity for innovative and goal-oriented individuals.
An accounting professional capable of performing all functional areas within the accounts receivable process as well as performing general bookkeeping which includes maintaining, reconciling and analyzing accounts in accordance with US GAAP.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position reports to the Manager of Accounting Operations
* Verifying and applying customer payments, creation of debit or credit memos, credit analysis for new/existing customers, creation of intercompany invoices, providing reconciled statements to customers and ensuring timely payment of invoices.
* Perform AR aging analysis and reconciliation to the general ledger.
* Work closely and develop relationships with sales team, customers, subsidiaries and parent company.
* Perform daily cash reconciliations to the general bank account as well as performing month end close procedures over cash.
* Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling balance sheet accounts, including creation of journal entries for amortization of prepaids.
* Perform sales and use tax calculation, assist with other tax preparation/analysis as needed.
Policies and Procedures:
* Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
* Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
* Assist accounts payable group with check runs and serving as a backup for performing basic accounts payable duties for work overflow.
* Assist the Accounting Manager with various close procedures including month end close journal entries, accruals, reconciliations and analysis.
* Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
* Assist the Accounting Manager and Finance team with ad hoc projects, preparation of special reports.
Learning and Growth:
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organization
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the:
* CRITICAL THINKING: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
* WORKING WITH AMBIGUITY: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
* Prioritizing and Organizing Work: Allocates time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives; approaches work in an organized and systematic manner; effectively manages tasks, information, and requests
* Supporting Coworkers: Responds positively to requests; helps others achieve their goals; considers how his/her actions will impact others; looks for ways to contribute to the team
* Using Computers and Technology: Adept at using computers and other forms of technology related to his/her job; keeps up to date on technological changes; adapts work approach to keep pace with innovations in technology
The following traits are highly valued:
* Personal qualities which include being a results-oriented, bright, resourceful, service-driven finance professional who is capable of managing multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
* Detailed accounting knowledge and strong attention to detail
* Willingness to challenge the status quo in order to enhance productivity, processes and procedures
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment with a high energy level
Education and Experience:
* 3-5 years of experience in Accounting, preferably with Accounts Receivable Experience
* BA in Accounting; CPA Candidate Preferred
* Proficient Microsoft Office user; Oracle knowledge a plus
Peregrine Semiconductor supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Peregrine does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including protected veterans under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. Peregrine also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine name, logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks, and HaRP is a trademark of Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Peregrine products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com.