This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
MidAtlantic Farm Credit
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide range of intermediate accounting and data entry tasks. Provides accounting support to association branch offices. Mentor and assist with training of new staff. Areas of responsibility include:
• Accounting functions which may include but are not limited to:
o Equity maintenance
o Tax transactions
o Accounts payable, expense report processing and vendor maintenance
o Fixed asset maintenance
o GFX wire verification
o Analysis and posting of transactions to various systems
o Voiding and replacing of disbursement checks
o Participate in annual budget process
• Provides prompt and courteous support to association branches regarding various accounting matters and inquiries.
• Review and reconciliation of various reports and accounts. Responsible for the identification, research, correction and documentation of all items reported. Preparation of necessary journal entries to ensure general ledger accuracy.
• Other department personnel back-up responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Other duties and project as assigned by management.
• Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• Three or more years of general accounting or bookkeeping experience.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects/assignments and meet deadlines.
• Possess sufficient communications skills, both written and oral to represent the Association in a professional manner. Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work required. Ability to work independently.
• Proficiency in the use of the following applications: Excel, Access and general ledger application.
• Intermediate understanding of association operating policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision.
• Problem solving and decision-making skills. Must possess analytical skills that are inherently required in an accounting/financial environment. Must possess problem-solving skills necessary to solve routine to intermediate accounting problems and make routine decisions.
• Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst and other facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance