Associate Buyer - UniFirst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of
uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst
Corporation has grown to become one of the largest
companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 -
Best Big Companies List. With over 14,000 employee Team
Partners and more than 220 facilities throughout the
United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never
just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us
apart from all other companies is that we still function
as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst,
you re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting
from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers
have come from within the Company. Opportunities are
endless for those individuals who possess a strong work
ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a
passion for delivering quality customer service, both
internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving
your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst
can take you.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+!
Employee Assistance Program
Supplemental Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Direct Payroll Deposit
30% Employee Discount
Employee Referral Program
Manage corporate spend as directed for various products
and services. Communicate results and update centralized
purchasing agreements via email or by postings on the
company intranet site. Responsibilities include:
Soliciting written and telephone quotations, assisting
in tabulating bids, expediting deliveries, seeking new
sources of supply, working on fleet service
requirements. Keep up to date on changes affecting
supply and demand. Also, performing other duties as
directed by the Director of Materials Management.
* Research and respond to internal customer and vendor
inquiries via phone/email
* Manage day to day vendor relationships
* Update Daily Inventory and Backorder Reports as
* Prioritize daily workload associated with the above
* Weekly status calls and meetings with vendors to
strive for continuous improvement and identify cost
* Monitor Materials Management site content for
accuracy and update when necessary
* PCard transaction review for department PCard
* Update Weekly Backorder by Style Report.
* Fiscal year goal updates via monthly report
* Bidding schedule updates
* Complete research and do comparative shopping for
products and services (Keep up to date with PPI)
* Meet with potential new vendors to discover cost
* Support overall company goals (i.e. Pcard vendor
conversion, cost savings with current vendors like
Office Depot, Unity, mailroom, cafeteria, etc.)
* Preparing Catalog Revenues
* Supplier diversity reporting for appropriate vendors
* Complete and update fiscal year goals and objectives
* Fiscal years goals and objectives
* Performance appraisal status updates
* Review corporate pricing agreements in place and
Bachelor's Degree Required
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Communication
Skills (oral & written), Organizational Skills,
Negotiation Skills. Must be able to work well
independently as well as with fellow coworkers, Good
Customer Service Skills.
This position offers flexibility in decision making.
Major decisions including the signing of formal
documentation or agreements are passed by the Director
of Materials Management. Routine decisions that need to
be made as part of this position are handled directly by
the employee. The Director is approached for guidance
This position requires you to monitor budget numbers for
the areas of responsibility. This information is shared
periodically with the key person in the department that
manages the budget. This position also requires you to
monitor and report cost savings with each vendor when
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action