Associate Client Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
Laerdal Medical Corp
Wappingers Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION• Utilize Laerdal Values to represent our mission and history to our customers
• Share customer best practices in simulation and program adoption to improve outcomes and reduce time to impact for Hospitals, Professional Education Institutions, Government, Military and EMS organizations to help save more lives.
• Communicate and work in unison with internal sales and marketing personnel to maximize efficiencies and deliver the appropriate solution set to our clients.
• Work with Alliance/Strategic partners and key customers, to ensure cohesive local teamwork and resource synchronization for the maximum benefit of customers.
• Utilize a consultative sales approach to uncover client needs and apply appropriate solutions
• Implement proven sales techniques and strategies within your territory to effectively achieve financial goals.
Position Holder is Accountable For:
Define accountabilities. Accountability is being answerable for the result. List the key areas, projects, implementations or applications that the individual is solely accountable for or has the primary decision-making authority. The purpose for defining these accountabilities is to clarify what the employee is accountable for and to agree exactly on the scope of authority. Accountabilities may not be applicable for all roles.
• Be an ambassador of the “values we believe in”, in particular:
• An ability to listen; come prepared with some probing questions that are relevant and of interest to the audience you are addressing.
• Respect; Come prepared and on time. Be relevant. Respond when prompted and not longer than the time you have with your captive audience. It is about how you may be of value for the customer, not the other way around
• Achieve annual territory revenue quota
• Maintain operating expenses at or below budget
• Discipline with discounting, no charges and general pricing to maximize net income
• Effectively collaborate with internal and external resources for maximum efficiencies.
• Focus on annual key sales initiatives
• Focus on the initiatives that will ensure success in attaining the Laerdal 2020 Strategy.
Describe primary responsibilities. The Responsibilities describe the most important and frequent actions that are taken by the employee in support of their role. These activities should represent approximately 80% of the time spent on the job. The intention is to provide a concise overview of the job, not to provide “how to” or “step-by-step” details.
Customer visits, product demonstrations and reference site relationship building (Focus on the Customer):
• Develop and utilize Zone Planning to maximize travel, while effectively and efficiently meeting both current and potential new customers (incorporating cold calls) in your daily travel.
• Utilize the Zone Plan to encapsulate all market segments and opportunities while providing transparency for the appropriate internal and external team members.
• Adjust activity level to be commensurate with current corporate strategy (e.g. segment time allocation) to drive results and business goals.
• Plan and execute 2 or more Mini-SUN (Simulation User Network) meetings annually and represent Laerdal at local and national shows as requested to cultivate opportunities.
• Accurate and efficient management of demonstration equipment.
• Efficiently and effectively run operations to increase sales and market share.
Utilization of Administrative Tools: Siebel, Pulse and Concur to complete the following tasks:
• Prepare, analyze and execute monthly and tertial reporting of revenue results, performance metrics and opportunity funnel, to provide accurate forecasting.
• Develop, present and execute a tertial Business Plan for your territory.
• Utilize and execute the Business Plan to obtain revenue goals and MBOs for each tertial.
• Prepare and participate with the Account Manager for monthly forecast/review meetings with the Regional Manager.
• Create new opportunities in Siebel and manage them through the sales stages to successful close.
• Capture customer engagements and sales opportunities in a timely (daily) manner in Siebel CRM program to effectively manage your business. This includes providing transparency to other team members within the organization.
• Prepare and submit weekly expense reports for approval and payment.
Communication & Collaboration with Internal and External Customers:
• Collaborate with internal and external resources to maximize revenue impact – including, Sales Support, Educational Specialists, Business Development Managers, EMS Sales Managers and Distributor reps, Educational Solutions Account Executives, Government and Military Account Executives, LWW territory counterpart, SonoSim territory counterparts, RQI Account Executives (Healthstream and AHA territory counterparts).
• Direct customers to appropriate resources for effective service and support – Customer Support, Technical Support
• Daily communication with Inside sales counterpart focused on forecasting, alignment of responsibility, strategizing account coverage and contact plans to maximize efficiencies in achieving your business objectives.
Travel Requirements for all Client Executive positions:
• Willing to travel 80% of the time (Travel will be primarily within defined territory but will in some cases require travel outside the territory to support Regional or National Sales Meetings).
• Hours may vary and will require evening and weekend work depending on business needs and will require working overtime.
Tools and Equipment Used:
• Personal computer, copier, fax, phone, and other typical office equipment
• Demonstration equipment
• Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
• Light lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
• Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person
• Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
• Ability to lift and carry supplies, files, and product up to 100 lbs with or without mechanical assistance
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in life sciences or business (preferred) and three years sales experience with medical disposable or capital equipment; OR, Associates Degree in above mention fields of study, supported by 5 years of sales experience.
• Competent in Windows Office Suite of Products. Additional command a working knowledge of a CRM system and webinar software is preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
? Must Complete BLS Certification within 8 weeks of employment. There after maintaining current BLS certification accomplished by using Laerdal’s LearningLink.
? Valid Driver’s License required
Ongoing Competency Development and Personal Development Plans (PDP)
Key focus areas of interest:
• Understand strategically and demonstrate tactically:
o Laerdal Corporate Presentation
o Patient Care Business Unit (associated solutions and products)
? Maternal and Newborn
? Medical emergency & trauma
o Resuscitation Business Unit (associated solutions and products)
? Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI)
o Circle of Learning
o Simulation in Healthcare and how it impacts outcomes (lives saved)
o Programs to improve outcomes and professional consultation services to plan and implement (HealthTrust)
o Understanding clinical situations relevant to our solutions
o Understanding learning and curriculum relevant to our solutions (SESN).
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance