Vice President, Global Capital Markets New York City 9/19/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Vice President, Global Capital Markets New York City
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a Vice President to support our Global Capital Markets-Real Estate Investment Banking team in New York City.
JLL s Global Capital Markets-Real Estate Investment Banking team offers services in the areas of real estate, advisory, strategic transactions, corporate finance and capital markets solutions to major institutional real estate companies across North America and works collaboratively with overseas Regional teams to deliver truly global solutions. The team focuses on strategically-sensitive transactions through an enhanced client relationship effort and focus, demanding our utmost in delivering best in class support and execution services. Our primary goal is to gain our clients share-of-mind and to be recognized as a most-trusted advisor and advocate of their interests, thus, earning the opportunity to serve them in more transaction-related activities and be rewarded with their most important, strategic transactions. We strive to provide a national platform with global reach that will support the broader JLL capital markets platform to drive and assist in originating large, strategic transactions.
Members of the Real Estate Investment Banking team will participate in a wide array of transactions/assignments including but not limited to M&A, strategic advisory, private capital raising, credit and asset-backed securitizations, sale/leaseback arrangements, bond financing, corporate and municipal credit advisory services, asset/portfolio disposition, debt placement and recapitalization.
* Perform and oversee complex financial analyses and modeling with minimal supervision, including real estate cash flow projections, ARGUS valuation models, corporate cash flow projections, public and private corporate/entity-level valuations, transaction structuring analysis, corporate balance sheet and recapitalization analysis, corporate credit assessments, financial statement analysis, etc.
* Create and oversee creation of marketing/offering materials prepared for institutional investors
* Prepare insightful client presentations, analysis and deliverables that guide the decision making process and provide actionable strategic recommendations
* Create presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
* Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data to perform market analysis
* Draft internal investment memoranda and presentations
* Conduct detailed analysis of legal, loan and financial documents to understand a company s capital structure
* Liaise with financial and legal advisors in structuring transactions
* Read and review lease documents/sales comps and prepare abstract reports for clients and prospective clients
* Review and analyze client s quantitative portfolio data, financing and partnership agreements, legal documents and other materials as part of project due diligence process
* Interact with clients and institutional investors in the context of transaction execution process and new business development
* Provide guidance, oversight and assist in training junior team members
* Expected to obtain Series 7, 63, and 79 securities licenses and Illinois Real Estate license during initial year of employment
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate with exceptional academic credentials
* 3-6 years of work experience in Finance or Real Estate industries required. Possible backgrounds include investment banking, middle-market banking, real estate investing, accounting/audit or consultancy experience.
* Valuation, financial analysis and market research experience required; previous ARGUS experience is required
* Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals
* Exceptional quantitative, analytical and modeling skills required
* Experience analyzing corporate credit concepts and financial statement analysis preferred
* Strong research, writing and communication skills
* Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables
* Ability to create high quality, creative and thoughtful presentations for utilization with clients, throughout the marketing process and in new business origination
* Strong computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Argus, and Word software is required
* Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented environment and work successfully under pressure while effectively managing time and workload
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional and client facing environment
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 65241 BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s