Associate Manager Software Development 9/16/2017
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHY OUR COMPANY IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
JOIN A FORTUNE 300 COMPANY IN THE GROWING HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND WORK FOR THEIR LARGEST TECHNOLOGY DIVISION. HENRY SCHEIN PRACTICE SOLUTIONS, A SUBSIDIARY OF NEW YORK-BASED HENRY SCHEIN, INC., DEVELOPS PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE AND ELECTRONIC SERVICES THAT HELP DENTAL PRACTICES RUN THEIR BUSINESSES. OUR SOLUTIONS LEAD THE MARKET IN TECHNOLOGY ADVANCES AND MARKET SHARE, AND INCLUDE PRODUCT LEADERS SUCH AS DENTRIX, DENTRIX ENTERPRISE, AND DENTRIX ASCEND (CLOUD-BASED). OUR CUSTOMERS INCLUDE MANY OF THE DENTAL INDUSTRIES HIGHEST PROFILE CONSTITUENTS, INCLUDING THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE.
BASED IN AMERICAN FORK, UTAH, HENRY SCHEIN PRACTICE SOLUTIONS IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING OUR TEAM MEMBERS WITH THE TOOLS, TRAINING, AND TECHNOLOGY THEY NEED TO EXCEL IN THEIR ROLES. OUR DEDICATION TO GIVING BACK TO OUR COMMUNITY IS ILLUSTRATED IN THE STATE-OF-THE-ART, VOLUNTEER-STAFFED DENTAL CENTER LOCATED ON THE FIRST FLOOR OF OUR BUILDING, WHICH PROVIDES FREE DENTAL CARE TO THOSE IN NEED.
OUR PARENT COMPANY, HENRY SCHEIN, INC. IS THE WORLD\'S LARGEST PROVIDER OF HEALTH CARE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO OFFICE-BASED DENTAL, MEDICAL, AND ANIMAL HEALTH PRACTITIONERS. A FORTUNE 300 COMPANY AND A MEMBER OF THE S&P 500 AND NASDAQ 100 INDICES, HENRY SCHEIN EMPLOYS OVER 20,000 TEAM SCHEIN MEMBERS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND SERVES MORE THAN ONE MILLION CUSTOMERS. THE COMPANY\'S SALES REACHED A RECORD $11.6 BILLION IN 2016. HENRY SCHEIN HAS ALSO BEEN RECOGNIZED BY ETHISPHERE FOR SIX CONSECUTIVE YEARS AS THE WORLDS MOST ETHICAL COMPANY IN THE HEALTHCARE PRODUCTS CATEGORY, UNDERSCORING THE COMPANY\'S LONGSTANDING COMMITMENT TO LEADING ETHICAL BUSINESS STANDARDS AND PRACTICES.
This position is responsible to directly manage a software development team focused on a product. Subordinates consist of all or part of the personnel necessary for the successful development of the software (Analysts, Quality Assurance Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.). Oversee all or part of analysis, quality assurance, software engineering, and project management efforts.
* Ensure personnel understand expectations, have materials and equipment to meet those expectations, are placed in a role where they have strengths to meet those expectations, and are recognized for exceeding those expectations
* Demonstrate a proficiency at encouraging personal development and helping them to understand the importance of their role in fulfilling the mission of the organization
* Ensure all personnel are committed to quality, have healthy work relationships, have a clear understanding of their career progression, and are given opportunities to learn and grow
* Oversee staffing in regard to performance management and pay reviews in collaboration with senior management
* Communicate status of personnel, products, and projects with clear, concise reports and metrics to all stakeholders
* Provide project-level budget forecasts and manages in accordance with the established budget
* Communicate product and department future direction to team members and other stakeholders in collaboration with senior management
* Facilitate the creation of project plans with proper scoping, estimates, and resourcing
* Ensure the correct execution of projects through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Establish processes and controls in relation to software development and software deployment
* Ensure through direct involvement that each team member is adhering to the standards and best practices outlined for the organization in regards to Analysis, Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Project Management, and Release Management
* Ensure an efficient, effective, and durable product is produced
* Enable team members by empowering personnel and providing an atmosphere of transparency
Senior level professional role. Evaluation, originality or ingenuity required. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Within the framework of a collaborative environment, determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies and serves as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project lead role as required.
Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements, may have budget responsibilities. May be responsible for more than one location or business.
Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization. Accountability generally resides with supervisor.
Manage a small department, process or system. May manage supervisors or professional staff.
Regularly interact with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
Typically 7 to 10 years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience, first-level manager.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Attract, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
* Excellent decision making skills
* Understand financial information that contributes to business profitability
* Ability to plan and manage successful local projects, manage risks, costs, time and project teams
* Excellent planning/ organizational skills and techniques
* Communicate effectively with management
* Good negotiating skills
* Uses skills to lead teams in complex issues to achieve company goals in effective ways
* Build relationships understand organizational complexities and manage conflicts
* Broad and wide-range of professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Good knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Broad and wide-range understanding of industry practices for software engineering, quality assurance, analysis, and project management
* In-depth knowledge of at least one of the development disciplines: software engineering, quality assurance, or analysis
* Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO
* Earn 7 Paid holidays
* Get evenings and weekends off!
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
* Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be