Associate Medical Director/Medical Director, Medical Affairs Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/23/2018
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONDepartment Name
Oncology Medical Affairs
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The Medical Director will provide Medical Leadership for Medical Affairs strategy, planning, and supportive tactics. The incumbent will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to develop and execute medical affairs plans, including post marketing research, medical education, research grants, medical advisory boards, and scientific communication/publication components of overall medical operating plan. The Medical Director provides strategic development, planning, implementation and oversight of Phase IV clinical trial programs within the Medical Affairs Department for products in the Oncology therapeutic area. This individual will utilize expert medical/scientific knowledge in assigned therapeutic area to provide strategic input for the development of product strategies. The Medical Director will interact with external stakeholders to solicit feedback and strengthen Eisai's medical reputation in Oncology. This position encompasses approval of medical and scientific content of all relevant materials/communications.
- Associate Medical Director: MD Board Certified in Oncology and 3 years post US fellowship training OR MD with 3-5 years experience in Oncology within the pharmaceutical industry
- Medical Director: MD with 5-7 years of industry experience in Oncology with at least 2 years of in-house Medical Affairs experience.
- Expertise in solid tumors is required, HCC specific experience is preferred
- Clinical research experience, including conducting oncology clinical trials in the Phase II-IV area.
- Experience reviewing promotional materials from a medical perspective, publications planning, relevant medical society membership and track record of active participation/attendance, and public speaking experience.
- Experience working with cross functional medical and commercial teams.
- Travel requirement: Up to 35%
- Therapeutic Area Expertise including standards of care, current medical options for diagnosis and treatment of relevant conditions based upon franchise products.
- Understanding of Medical Affairs activities.
-Understanding of Marketing concepts/strategies.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical marketplace.
- FDA regulations/ICH guidelines regarding conduct of clinical studies in relevant therapeutic area.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance regarding marketing/sales promotional materials.
- Strong overall written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have requisite skills to function in a complex and dynamic environment, including flexibility and ability to negotiate.
- ICMJE guidance and Good Publication Practices.
- Current ACCME guidelines
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Auto req ID
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet