Associate Product Engineer - Leeds, AL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Support and sustain electro-mechanical products used in medium voltage power distribution . The engineer will also support strategic initiatives such as new product development and cost reduction projects.
* Support the product engineering team and manufacturing on mechanical design projects
* Develop, document, and maintain test plans to validate product compliance to industry standards and customer specifications.
* Perform product troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis.
* Interact with customers, sales, and marketing to solve design and manufacturing problems on existing parts.
* Utilize CAD to modify and maintain product 2D/3D drawings.
* Exhibits professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve goals and objectives of the business unit.
* Must be comfortable working across engineering disciplines to support complex products.
* BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering
* Familiarity with basic test lab equipment and simulation methods
* Demonstrate consistent (and sustainable) application of problem solving and analytical skills in a team environment
* Possess strong written and oral communication skills
* Willingness to learn and support electrical engineering functions
* Must be able to support remote product lines as needed
* 1-3 years of experience
* Experience with SOLIDWORKS and SAP.
* Knowledge of MS Project.
* Understanding of NPD practices
* Ability to travel ~ 25% - 30%