Associate Production Scientist (1st Shift) 3/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
This is a 1st Shift opportunity at our Madision facility. The hours are 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Your role: The position primarily involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API's according to cGMP requirements.
* Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of APIs and intermediates
* Provide support to the Managers and other team members, under a multi-shift manufacturing environment
* Author and utilize a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and OP's
* Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
* As a primary or secondary operator, must be able to maintain accurate and concise cGMP records
* Responsible for keeping inventory up to date during each shift, and purchasing raw materials for assigned projects
* Accurately perform routine and non-routine in process testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products
* Demonstrate a basic understanding of project chemistry and laboratory procedures
* Demonstrate knowledge of production related capabilities
* Must work well in a team environment, and be an effective member of a project team (PD through Production)
* Must be able to effectively operate production equipment
* Maintain the safety and cleanliness of production areas and all related equipment during each shift
* Adhere to SAFC-Pharma ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook
* Become a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior
Who you are:
BS in Chemistry, Chemic or equivalent, but may substitute education for qualified field experience.
Attention to detail, self-motivation, strong work ethic, computer skills, multitasking
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.