Associate Project Manager 2/20/2017
Opus Design Build, L.L.C.
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Opus Group seeks an experienced Associate Project Manager to join our growing St Louis team.
We're changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients' visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation(R) and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work - balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our office in St Louis, the Associate Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the project management team with large, complex and high profile commercial office, industrial and multi-family projects. On small or less complex projects, the Associate Project Manager will serve as the project manager responsible for coordinating the design and construction processes, including periodic supervisory review of schedules, cost projections, and overall project status and progress.
* Participate in select client sales meetings.
* Prepare conceptual and detailed estimates.
* Participate in owner contract negotiations.
* Participate in proposal writing process.
* Assist with and/or manage the design aspects of assigned projects, ensuring budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction criteria are met.
* Monitor the preparation of proposal and working drawings for assigned project.
* Review construction and shop drawings.
* Assist with writing specifications.
* Assist with and/or manage the construction and close-out of assigned projects, ensuring budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction criteria are met.
* Review drawings, budgets, schedules, and other project-related matters with job site superintendent.
* Confer with supervisor while reviewing schedule, cost, and sales decisions when necessary.
* Share job cost responsibility through monitoring budgets and schedules, resolving problems, and reporting cost projections to supervisor on a monthly or more frequent basis.
* Negotiate owner change orders.
* Assist with negotiating, writing, and approving subcontracts and change orders.
* Work with governmental agencies to aid project success or resolve job problems as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Structural, Civil or Construction), Architecture, Construction Management or related field
* Minimum of 2 years prior construction-project management related experience, preferably with time spent on jobsites of commercial design-build projects
* Knowledge of basic accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
* Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work productively with others, lead projects, use available resources effectively, establish priorities, and demonstrate progress toward acquiring Project Manager skills and abilities.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.