Associate R&D Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/13/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Join a winning team on a growing, dynamic and agile business! The General Mill's Associate Research & Development Manager on the One Global Cereal and Snacks team will lead a technical team accountable for creating growth by delivering category leading renovation and new product innovation. This role is front and center leading a team to drive growth into the marketplace in a highly strategic platform.
The Associate R&D Manager role will work closely with our cross-functional teams, and will provide opportunities for leadership development and visibility at the Business Unit level. This role is expandable over time with many opportunities for continued growth and development.
* Manage team of scientists and technicians.
* Execute plans using technical and business leadership that delivers category leading growth in Snacking (or in Cereal Snacks Platform)
* Mentoring, coach employees for growth
* Build a team culture of innovation, and sharing
* Comfortable with ambiguity yet drives for clarity and prioritization with the team
* Takes accountability to win and lead through others
* Bachelors degree in Food Science, Engineering or related field. Prefer MS in Food Science.
* 7-10 yrs applicable work experience
* Experience managing employees
* Innovative thinker, creative, willing to challenge established methods and beliefs
* Desire and ability to lead a team with multiple projects at various stages of feasibility and development
* Strong, technical knowledge and excellent project execution.
* Highly collaborative, build connections