Associate Research & Development Manager - Snack Bar Innovation 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Join a winning team on a growing, dynamic and agile business! The General Mill's Associate R&D Manager on the One Global Cereal and Snacks team will lead a technical team accountable for creating robust innovation pipelines and delivering category leading new products. This role is front and center leading a team to drive innovation into the marketplace in a high growth platform, Snack Bars.
The Associate R&D Manager role will work closely with our cross-functional teams, and will provide opportunities for leadership development and visibility at the Business Unit level. This role is expandable over time with many opportunities for continued growth and development.
* Manage team of scientists and technicians responsible for Grain Bars Innovation
* Execute plans using technical and business leadership that delivers category leading innovation in Grain Bars.
* Mentoring, coach employees for growth
* Build a team culture of innovation, and sharing
* Comfortable with ambiguity yet drives for clarity and prioritization with the team
* Takes accountability to win and lead through others
* Bachelors degree in Food Science, Engineering or related field. Prefer MS in Food Science.
* 7-10 yrs applicable work experience
* Experience managing employees
* Innovative thinker, creative, willing to challenge established methods and beliefs
* Desire and ability to lead a team with multiple projects at various stages of feasibility and development
* Strong, technical knowledge and excellent project execution.
* Highly collaborative, build connections