Associate, Sales, Education Advisory Board
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
The Advisory Board Company
Associate, Sales, Education Advisory Board
Entry Level (Non-Research)
Share | |Email this job
ASSOCIATE, SALES, EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD (EAB)*LI
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Associate is responsible for day-to-day interactions with our prospective members in the education industry. The Associates, as part of a larger team, play a major role in the firm s business development efforts, from establishing initial contact with members and potential members to facilitating follow-up activities that lead to new business opportunities.
Associates are assigned to a small team and manage all new business pursuits within their suite of products and territory. They are responsible for driving strategy to identify potential members, connecting with senior executives at organizations to schedule sales meetings, and optimizing team interactions from initiation to contract. Associates can expect to develop deep technical expertise in education industry and commercial practices.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
Revenue Generation (70%)
- Schedule sales meetings for senior leaders on your team with prospective members to achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals
- Leverage all available resources, such as the internal Salesforce database, LinkedIn, and predictive modeling tools, and warm interest to strategically identify organizations and individuals to contact (outreach)
- Create monthly strategic outreach plans to support new business acquisition goals
- Execute against strategic outreach plans; communicate with current and prospective members via email and phone
- Work with team members through all phases of campaign management (i.e. design, mobilization, completion and tracking of phone, fax, or direct mail campaigns)
Administrative Support (30%)
- Maintain integrity of internal database to track key performance metrics and member interactions
- Manage calendaring, logistics, and administrative responsibilities for internal cross-departmental meetings
- Manage logistics (confirming member attendance, internal and external calendar invitations) and prepare materials (such as sales presentations) for prospective member interactions
- Support the entire journey of new business cultivation from inception to contract signage
- Bachelor s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Sales or fundraising experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Leadership experience
- Experience in an office setting
- Ability to communicate effectively by e-mail and phone with executives
- Demonstrates poise, maturity, and resilience with internal and external audiences
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks and activities efficiently and according to importance
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD:
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.