This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/30/2017
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
Hopewell Junction, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Our Bright Horizons at Fishkill, located in Hopewell Junction is looking for a part time School Age Associate Teacher. With this position, you will work after school during regular school days, and full days when schools are out, with children from 6-12 years old.
WORKING TOGETHER ON OUR CHILDREN S FUTURESAs a child care assistant teacher, you will join a passionate team who truly cares for one another and strives to meet the highest standards of care and early education. As you see the world through your students eyes, they will inspire you as much as you inspire them. You will help them develop important social and life skills, watch them flourish, and know that you ve played a large role in their growth.At Bright Horizons, you ll also find opportunities to experience personal and professional breakthroughs of your own. As a company with a learning culture, you will discover your full potential through state-of-the-art online training, leadership development and tuition reimbursement. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.How will you inspire our future generation?WHAT YOU WILL DO AS AN ASSISTANT TEACHER
* Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughs and see the joy of the children participating in activities you helped plan
* Inspire a love of reading and books through your own passion for engaging storytelling
* Champion self-help skills as children master dressing, feeding and toileting
* Collaborate with co-workers to develop curriculum that brings creative ideas to life
* Communicate openly and regularly with parents, assuring them their children are safe and learning in a developmentally appropriate way
* Live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Minimum age of 18, though younger candidates will be considered based on education level and experience
* Hold a High School Diploma/GED
* Meet state licensing requirements for education and additional center/school requirements
* A passion for child care and making a difference in the lives of young children
WE DO GIVE PREFERENCE TO CHILD CARE TEACHERS WITH THE FOLLOWING:
* A CDA or working towards an Associate s in Early Childhood Education or related field
BRIGHT HORIZONS A FRESH PERSPECTIVE ON LEARNINGIn addition to being the leading provider of high quality child care and early education, Bright Horizons is the only child care company repeatedly named by FORTUNE as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For . We are passionate about building an organization where you can make an impact on future generations. It begins with the educators that we hire, and by helping you grow with us. We support a well-rounded, individualized curriculum that is fully engaging and tailored to each child s developmental needs. This visionary approach helps craft enriching experiences, and empowers children to be confident and successful lifelong learners.BENEFITS WE OFFER
* Competitive salaries
* Career path opportunities
* Extensive health benefits
* Comprehensive tuition reimbursement
* Volunteer opportunities through the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
* Commuter benefits
* Health club discounts
* Cell phone discounts and much more
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at email@example.com or 855-877-6866.