Associate Vice President, Product Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 4/7/2018
The Associate Vice President - Product Management is responsible for partnering with business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to champion the strategy, design, development, launch, and management of products that delight consumers, clients and team members, meet strategic and financial business objectives.
This leader will always be strengthening her/his understanding of our consumers, clients and team-members, their needs, and the emotional factors that drive their behavior. This leader will focus on developing team members into strategic product leaders of the future, bringing a balance of strategic creativity, clear thinking, and attention to detail to the role. This person will need to be courageous, challenging the status quo with an open, honest, and direct style that is effective in building trust and relationships. Must be willing to operate and lead in a fast-paced, agile environment that values results.
* Lead the overall management of current Cox Automotive Next Gear Capital brand products through the full product lifecycle, including the creation and execution of new products and features as well as enhancements, extensions and retirements of existing products
* Drive an operating model that ensures agile product delivery teams have the clarity and support they need to maximize product value and overall return on investment
* Set strategic direction for products in partnership with other business, sales, marketing and CAPG leaders
* Partner and collaborative closely with leaders, P&L Owners, Technology, Marketing, Client Success, Sales, and Operations Support partners and other CAPG leaders to ensure successful product strategy, design, delivery, and implementation efforts
* Inspire and challenge the team to achieve more than they think is possible in the long run, ensuring that goals are ambitious yet achievable
* Ensure the team is delivering on targeted financial, strategic, and operational commitments
* Maintain an understanding of competitive position, target market and overall industry landscape; work to define and create the best products possible
* Leverage in-depth understanding of our product capabilities and product offerings as well as marketplace trends to inform and help guide our overall product strategy in a rapidly changing digital landscape
* Contribute to Cox Automotive Product thought leadership through participation in cross-division work groups
* Foster effective business relationships with all internal and external partners, vendors and stakeholder
* Actively develop talent within the product organization and create bench strength for all product teams including immediate succession
* BS/BA Degree or equivalent knowledge or practical experience required, MBA or similar relevant degree preferred
* 10+ years leadership experience in Business Operations, Product Development, Software Engineering, Marketing or related functions, with a minimum of 5 years in a significant Leadership capacity
* Must be a proactive, decisive leader who takes initiative and demonstrates a high level of accountability to create a high-energy, accountable environment to which high performers gravitate
* Leadership experience building and leading high performing teams at the executive level that consistently met or exceeded team and business goals in sophisticated, fast-paced, high change, matrixed organizations
* Must possess the vision and understanding to effectively lead teams to consistently deliver exceptional product experiences to consumers and clients
* Must be forward-thinking and anticipate content trends in the automotive industry and wholesale space
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
* Exceptional leadership, management, motivational, and teamwork skills
* Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization at all levels
* Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in highly matrixed organizations
* Ability to simplify complex ideas into component parts to communicate a vision effectively and efficiently
* Must have a high sense of urgency and tenacity to achieve goals
* Must be able to travel as needed, typically 25% of the time
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-IN-Carmel-1320 City Center Dr
OTHER LOCATIONS: 11799 N College Ave,US,IN,Carmel,46032
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Executive
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.