Athletic Trainer Medical Asst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
North Shore Physicians Group(NSPG)
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn the clinical setting, this position functions under the direct supervision and direction of a physician. Performs clinical tasks following the direction/delegation by a physician or nurse practitioner to assist with the evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during office visits and other tasks related to the visit consistent with his / her training and skills. His / her primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the office, to maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
For outreach functions and duties, the Athletic Trainer functions within the limits of their licensure as defined within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (MGL Chapter 112: Section 23A and CMR 259 - 4.00) to schools, teams or organizations with whom NSPG has a contractual relationship with for the provision of Athletic Training Services. Provides athletic training evaluation, intervention and documentation for adolescent through adult populations as indicated.
Assists with program development and community programs. Acts as a clinical resource to staff.
* Good communication skills
* Sound judgment and problem solving ability
* Ability to prioritize
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment and see them through to completion
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Maintain or obtain CPR certification.
* Demonstrates mature, professional behavior and good interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to regularly perform work at the heavy physical demand level.
* Understands and developmental needs of the adolescent through geriatric populations.
* Knowledge of providing care for athletes and patients with bone and joint issues and other sports related needs
* Graduate of an accredited Athletic Training/Sports Medicine Program.
* Licensed as an Athletic Trainer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
* One year experience.
* In addition to the required degree, an Associates Degree or completion of a Medical Assistant program. Nursing Assistant certification or other healthcare preparation will be considered.
* Certification by the NATA as a Certified Athletic Trainer