Auction Vehicle Condition Inspector 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
In this position you conduct inspections of incoming vehicles to detect damage, missing parts and mechanical problems; prepare and submit report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates and related documentation on a handheld computer.
* Conduct assessment of vehicle condition upon receipt noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
* Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including vehicle identification data, condition description; repair costs estimates, photographs, etc.
* Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation
* Conduct OVE courtesy walk around inspections
* Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures
* May be required to locate, start and move vehicles as directed
* Perform other job related duties as directed by supervisor
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* ASE certification or background in automotive repair, and cost estimating
* Knowledge ICAR Certifications preferred
* Valid Driver s License and safe driving record required
* Basic computer software skills required
* Ability to multitask required
* Must be detail oriented
* General knowledge of automotive body and mechanical work preferred
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
* Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience preferred
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-HI-Honolulu-1001 Ahua St
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.