Audit Communications and Quality Specialist 9/20/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area of Interest:
To perform audit report quality assurance, manage department performance metrics, provide budget support, oversee continuous update of department tools, templates, and guidelines, including audit management software and audit handbook. oversee and coordinate administrative services and value added staff support for the department.
Working as a direct report to the FLP and Audit Services Manager, and under his/her direction:
* Responsible for being the final reviewer and editor off audit reports and/or deliverables for accuracy, consistency and content before being sent to the Audit Services Vice President. As part of this, will collaborate with audit project managers to address suggestions and then finalize the information.
* Create and review senior management and audit committee presentations as requested by department leadership.
* Assist in designing key audit department performance metrics reporting to produce an outstanding quality product and foster emphasis on continuous improvement. Work with the Vice President, department senior staff and external parties to identify the proper indicators, measure efficiently and institute a monthly reporting method. Produce monthly and quarterly reports to keep department on track to finish the annual audit plan, and to monitor efficiency and productivity of the department resources.
* Provide budget analysis support, including annual budgeting exercise, monthly variance reporting, quarterly accruals, and the cost assignment calculation between the regulated and unregulated affiliates, including the annual true-up . Facilitate and manage the post-audit reviews to provide feedback to audit teams.
* Help prepare for the external Quality Assurance Review, performed every five years. Maintain Audit Services department Handbook. Work closely with the reviewer to ensure process is complete and efficient.
* Coordinate yearly compliance activities such as affiliate compliance and records management, and respond to external data requests from regulators and internal stakeholders.
* System Admin responsibilities for the audit management software. This includes but is not limited to working with Audit Services management team to populate and maintain the audit management software with current and potential audits. Work with Audit Services management team to coordinate the scheduling of all audits.
* Responsible for providing managerial oversight of functions performed by two administrative associates including timekeeping for all employees in the Audit Services department, contracting, office supply orders, bill payment, employee expense reimbursement requests, and computer inventory.
* Other duties as assigned (no more than 5%)
* Typically requires BS/BA in English, Communications or related field and 3 or more years of experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
* Must be highly proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have a demonstrated ability to learn different software packages.
* Strong compute skills are required.
* Possession of a valid California state driver's license required.
* Must have experience reviewing reports, presentations, and deliverables for content and quality.
* Experience coordinating administrative tasks beneficial.
* Appreciation for standardized processes.
* Ability to translate and extend ad hoc, subjective approaches into more structured and quantitative processes.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to utilize and modify technology tools to help improve operational processes.
* Travel mostly within the United States.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.