This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 6/16/2017
Santa Rosa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For(R) in 2016. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
Responsible for partnering with third party contractors to determine coverage and make repair/replacement decisions that meet our contractual obligation. Resolving claims accurately and expeditiously by balancing a high level of customer service and cost-effective decision making.
Respond to high call volume in a professional and efficient manner.
* Interprets and evaluates contract language as it relates to qualifying a claim for coverage.
* Analyze claim facts and gather, review, research, and document necessary information in order to determine the best course of action.
* Partner with Contractor Relations, Sales Support and Claims Resolution in claim review and decision making for accurate claim closure.
* Authorize repair/replacement claims up to $1500.
* Process cash-settlement offers, contractor dispatch requests, enforce contractor pricing agreements, purchasing of parts and equipment, and communicate claim information to homeowners.
* Adhere to established department Methods & Procedures along with call center metrics and Quality Assurance standards.
* Place contract warnings and exclusions on systems and appliances to exclude further coverage on an item.
* Perform other job duties as assigned.
* Fundamental understanding of Home Warranty polices.
* Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven customer service skills.
* Utilization of basic mathematical functions.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based programs.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1+ years of Customer Service experience.
* Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Appliance, Pool trade experience desirable.
* Home Warranty or Real Estate experience desirable.