Auto Auction Block Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 1/12/2018
Las Vegas, NV
In this position you will record and verify information, provide customer service to the auctioneer during and after sales of vehicles up for auction. You will work directly on the auction block next to the auctioneer during the sale. This position reports to the front office supervisor.
* Record lane and Simulcast bid amounts and enter customer related data in computer system
* Provide assistance to auctioneer with monitor operation, information verification and bid review
* Notify supervisor of customer or system issues in support of efficient resolution and continuation of sale
* Observe all applicable safety and health procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
* Utilize the AS400 system to record lane and Simulcast bid amounts, enter customer data, process all sold units, and verify/enter lights
* Work with auctioneer to verify system information accurately represents vehicle
* Verify vehicle run order to ensure appropriate vehicle is being keyed and sold
* Operate monitor, work with auctioneer to review Simulcast bids
* Provide arbitration and other vehicle announcements to support auctioneer
* Pick up and distribute bills of sale to the front office, when needed
* Notify manager or supervisor of customer issues or concerns or systems issues to ensure speedy resolution and continuation of the sale
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Effective communication skills required
* Problem-solving and organizational skills
* Ability to remain focused and composed during fast-paced sale-day activities
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
* 6 months - 1 year of clerical, office, and/or customer service work experience preferred
* Including ten-key and computer data entry
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox Enterprises and its subsidiary companies are Equal Opportunity employers M/F/Vets/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NV-Las Vegas-6600 Auction Ln
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.