Automotive Body Shop Masker 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
This position is primarily responsible for properly applying masking materials to repaired vehicles prior to application of refinish coatings. All masking materials are to be applied to protect any panel that is not being refinished form direct application of coatings or over spray during the refinish process.
* Inspect all panels to be refinished for proper repair and paint preparation, as directed in Manheim s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Remove all dust and other contaminants from complete vehicle using air prior to application of masking material, as described in SOP.
* Apply masking materials as directed in SOP to properly protect all panels NOT being refinished from direct coating application or overspray.
* Move properly masked vehicles into paint booth for refinish.
* Apply any required overall vehicle overspray protection (i.e., bag, spray mask, etc.).
* Prepare refinish panels for paint application using wax and grease remover or other surface prep defined in SOP.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., assist supervisor in training and orienting new employees, perform housekeeping duties, etc.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1 year of body shop and/or prepping experience preferred.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Ability to lift 1-15 pounds (i.e., light hand tools, etc).
* Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CO-Aurora-17500 E 32nd Ave
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.