Automotive (OEM) Account Manager 10/11/2017
Huntington Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Sandy, a division of GP Strategies, engages a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
The Sandy division of GP Strategies has an immediate need for two Automotive (OEM) Account Managers to work in our Huntington Beach, CA location. The candidates we seek will have prior experience and success in managing an automotive OEM program. They will understand how to build rapport and the client relationship.
* Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship with an assigned existing account. Develops a deep understanding a customer's needs, helping clients get the most of the programs they have purchased, and identify additional programs or solutions to further meet client needs. You may not be in a AM role currently, but you have the production/operational program background and are ready to take that next step.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with Project Management team to ensure account programs meet and exceed client objectives.
* Coordinate and support project management to ensure customer goals and internal budget expectations.
* Maintain and strengthen current client relationships; Build new client relationships.
* Develop and pro-actively propose business growth initiatives for clients based upon account and market intelligence.
* Participate with creative team to answer customer requests for quotation, develop and present creative submissions, statements of work, etc.
* Act as client champion for automotive training program initiatives.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Education:
* Bachelor s Degree in related discipline is preferred
* Three plus years experience in automotive OEM training or retail training and project management.
* Automotive experience in the area of communications, learning and marketing programs. Experience with an automotive advertising agency is acceptable. Experiential marketing, learning, custom publication and events experience an advantage
* Experience in analyzing the client business needs and providing business solutions.
* Previous success working with creative, instructional design, production and project management teams
* A passion for cars and car companies, particularly the imports.
* Project implementation.
* Must be willing to commute as necessary between Huntington Beach office and automotive client sites on the west coast. Additional travel will be required.
Must be able to satisfy requirements for pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran