Automotive Technical Curriculum Developer (French Speaking) 10/11/2017
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Sandy, a division of GP Strategies engages a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
Automotive Technical Curriculum Developer
Translation and localization of automotive service technical training from English to French (Canadian Dialect) Designs and develops ILT and WBT instructional material in French for technical training courses that support company s products. Demonstrates and utilizes effective time management, course development, and technical writing and vehicle diagnostic skills. Able to independently conduct research and develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences. Must possess an in-depth knowledge of current automotive systems and repair procedures. Utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools. Act as liaison between Engineering and Service in determining needs of the course and appropriate method of delivery. Develop Curriculum for training based on specific products.
Skills and Qualifications
* Fluent in French and English
* Technical Writing, Teaching/Training, performance measuring, multimedia, curriculum and course development, ability to work independently or on a team.
* Automotive technical background, with experience in the field working on modern automobiles. (Current or prior ASE certs a plus)
* Instructional design
* Automotive diagnostic experience and knowledge
* Ability to quickly learn company technology
* Web based training development for OLT courses
* ILT course development
* Project management tools
* Multimedia authoring tools
* Windows Outlook/Word/Visio/Excel/Articulate Storyline
* Physical Requirements: Occasional travel outside of the Detroit Metro area. Job requires light lifting, bending, and sitting for extended periods of time. Must also use automotive hand tools and vehicle lifting devices to disassemble and reassemble vehicle components for research and photography.
These are full time, staff positions on our team and include a full benefits package.
Must be able to satisfy requirements for pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.