Automotive Technician - Level III 10/11/2017
Woods Cross, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
A master technician provides a high skill level for accurate vehicle maintenance and repairs of fleet vehicles. Provides exceptional service delivery and is mindful of expense controls. A technician may work independently or in a team environment.
* Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
* Has medium/heavy truck experience, booms/hydraulics, electrical, any complex repairs, design and fabrication.
* Skilled on diesel and transmission repairs
* Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
* May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
* Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
* Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
* Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
* Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
* Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Valid Driver s License and safe driving record required.
* 5-7 years of automotive service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
* Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
* Must have diesel and transmission experience.
* Requires some A.S.E. Automotive or Truck Certification or other related certifications.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-UT-Woods Cross-1650 W 500 S
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.