This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 6/13/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Avionics bench technician for servicing communication, navigation & pulse equipment and to be able to trouble shoot down to the discrete component level for a FAA Approved Repair Station. Elite Aerospace is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Product Repair Technician performs inspections, tests, troubleshoots and repairs on customer returned equipment, in accordance with rules and regulations. Provides an efficient and effective repair service that meets company and departmental obligations and objectives. This position is located in Miramar, Florida and does not offer relocation.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Current FCC license preferred. Experienced only need apply. Single shift from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Must be punctual. FAA required pre-employment drug screening. Must be able to read, write and comprehend English written technical documentation per FAA requirements. Our ad requirements state that we need locally available technicians that are familiar and experienced with bench testing, repair and overhaul of various types of aircraft communication, navigation and pulse components. * Performs teardowns, overhauls and functional testing of various repair station products and items
* Ensures that all repair work is performed according to procedures and per correct document revision
* Assists in the development and implementation of product improvement initiatives
* Inspects, tests, troubleshoots and repairs shop equipment as required
* Completes necessary trainings to maintain knowledge and skills required for job performance
* Performs documentation of all repairs and re-certifications of equipment according to regulatory, customer and departmental requirements
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
* Excellent technical knowledge and skills in product repair
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Proven troubleshooting skills to component level on complex electronic circuits
* Ability to recognize and solve typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
* Computer proficient
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.