Baltimore:Veteran Employment Specialist (part-time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
Veteran Staffing Network of Easter Seals
JOB DESCRIPTIONEaster Seals serving DC|MD|VA is seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, and/or Reservist to apply for a VETERAN EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST. Use your skills to aid Homeless Veterans or Veterans at risk of becoming homeless who are interested in employment by providing them with job development, job search assistance, vocational guidance, and case management.
RESPONSIBILITIES: VETERAN MILITARY
* Provide on-site and off-site job search assistance; vocational guidance/counseling and case management services.
* Assist establishment and maintenance of relationships with external service and employment agencies.
* Assist Veterans in accessing external resources and work incentives necessary to support vocational plans.
* Collaborate with appropriate agencies developing and monitoring Veterans vocational plans.
* Educate Veterans about entitlement systems and their responsibility for reporting required employment information to Social Security, DSS, IRS, etc.
* Maintain current, accurate, and complete documentation related to delivery of employment services
* Department covers Metro area: Washington DC; Maryland's Montgomery, Prince George s, Howard, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Harford and Cecil counties, plus Baltimore City; and Northern Virginia.
REQUIREMENTS: VETERAN MILITARY
* US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, or Reservist.
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred OR an Associate s Degree in a related field with 2+ years of experience in an employment program.
* 2+ years positively referenced relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of effective employment interventions and application to homelessness and Homeless Veterans.
* Valid driver s license and safe driving record. Possession or use of vehicle to travel and a valid certificate of automobile insurance.
* Computer Skills and software programs
* Knowledge of current theories of contributing factors in, and effects of, multiple disabling conditions.
* Ability to establish and maintain empowering, trust relationships with clients and their families.
* Ability to conduct group meetings with clients, staff, and employers to facilitate problem solving.