Bank Holding Company Compliance, Select Securities Based Lending, Vice President
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/11/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The GS Bank Compliance team provides compliance coverage and support to the Bank and establishes the framework for identifying, assessing, controlling, measuring, monitoring and reporting compliance risks across the Bank. GS Bank Compliance is an independent control function that reports to the head of Bank Holding Company Compliance, a group within GS Global Compliance. The primary objective of GS Bank Compliance is the management of compliance risk by assisting Bank businesses in complying with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures. The objective is executed through a comprehensive program that includes policies and procedures, risk assessments, surveillance, monitoring and testing, training, and management reporting. GS Bank Compliance works closely with the Business, Operations and Technology, as well as other groups within the Firm, in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of surveillance and monitoring controls.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The role of the Securities-Based Lending Compliance Officer is to build and promote a strong compliance program that ensures ongoing compliance with regulations and firm policies governing securities-based lending to clients of the firm and clients of third-party broker dealers. The Compliance Officer will work closely with colleagues in GS Bank Compliance and Bank Holding Company Compliance to execute the compliance risk management program as described below.
* Implement controls to ensure compliance with federal regulations and state laws applicable to securities-based lending activity, including Regulation B, Regulation O, Regulation U, Regulation W, Information Privacy, and other relevant regulatory requirements
* Monitor pending federal and state legislation related to lending that is applicable to securities-based lending. Communicate status of relevant pending legislation and enacted legislation pertaining to business operations and coordinate the implementation of such legislation with operations, systems and support departments
* Maintain compliance-related policies and procedures
* Work closely with business on complaint management, to ensure appropriate and timely customer response, and accurate and comprehensive management reporting.
* Provide technical regulatory advisory related to securities-based lending
* Provide timely compliance advice to business on the applicability of regulations impacting transactions
* Conduct reviews of disclosure, marketing and presentation materials
* Provide due diligence and monitoring support for external counterparty relationships
* Actively partner with business on all initiatives
* Assess training needs, develop and conduct training on the applicability of compliance laws and regulations
* Track and monitor servicing vendor's compliance with regulations
* Conduct Quality Control Reviews and Risk Assessments
* Complete special projects as requested by management
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 8 years of prior experience in bank compliance, audit or other control function, or experience as a Bank regulator
* Strong knowledge of banking regulations related to deposit products
* Proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
* Demonstrate ability to appropriately exercise judgment and decision-making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
* Highly motivated, reliable, and accountability
* Good team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
* Ability to work with a range of senior managers, peers and junior colleagues and build smooth working relationships
* Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.