This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/12/2018
Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW: Supervise banquet staff in the completion of the assigned functions and set-up, as well as oversee the service and break-down functions in a safe manner.
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check server and houseperson banquet event orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
2. Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
4. Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons.
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
9. Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English, can communicate well with guests
Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
Positive, energetic personality, willingness to learn and commitment to support and advance the image and reputation of the hotel.
Knowledge of the local health and safety regulations.
At least 2 years banquet experience in a full service hotel establishment.
3-5 years banquet experience in a full service hotel establishment.
3-5 years in a leadership role
Strong interpersonal verbal communication skills
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
Able to stand for long periods of time, reach above head level, bend, stoop, twist and lift
Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a function.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.