This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 7/31/2018
Highgate Hotels, LP
Long Beach, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Banquet Houseperson in responsible for the set up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space
* Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
* Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
* Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
* Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
* Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
* Notify management of any hazards.
* Handle items for Lost and Found according to the standards.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.