Banquet Houseperson 9/19/2017
Highgate Hotels, LP
Long Beach, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Banquet Houseperson in responsible for the set up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space
* Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
* Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
* Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
* Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
* Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
* Notify management of any hazards.
* Handle items for Lost and Found according to the standards.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.