Banquet Houseperson 10/8/2017
Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position: Banquet Housekeeping
Embassy Suites, Scottsdale currently has a need for a banquet Houseman to manually set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with Crescent high standards of quality.
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
2. Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dancefloors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms
3. Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
4. Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
5. Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum Requirements: at least six months work experience.
Additional Qualifications: Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.).
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 100 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
Additional Information: Crescent Hotels and Resorts is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.