Banquet Server* 9/19/2017
Highgate Hotels, LP
Long Beach, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
* Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
* Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
* Served guests according to the hotel s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
* Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
* Set all tables according to hotel standards.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
* Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
* Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
* Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
* Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Must have a felxible schedule
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.