Banquet Server 9/19/2017
Highgate Hotels, LP
Long Beach, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
* Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
* Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
* Served guests according to the hotel s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
* Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
* Set all tables according to hotel standards.
* Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
* Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
* Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
* Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
* Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Must have a felxible schedule