Banquet Server (On-Call) 9/20/2017
Sheraton Bay Point
Panama City Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join the four diamond team of Sheraton Bay Point Resort! Proudly offering year round employment, impressive benefits, quality pay, and an unbeatable work environment.
With over 30 million in renovation and appointed AAA Four Diamond award, Sheraton Bay Point Resort delivers an exceptional guest experience and successively provides an employer of choice culture to our team of associates.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Crescent high standards of quality.
1. Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
2. Attend pre-shift meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
3. Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
4. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
5. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
6. Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
7. Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform other job related duties as assigned. Requires service experience and server experience strongly preferred.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.