BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN II (80%) 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Behavior Technician II (80%) provides individualized services to assigned clients, which support client recovery and build resilience. Maintains knowledge of the population(s) served and awareness of the impact substance abuse and mental illness has on an individual and family. Maintains awareness of the importance of language used, and avoid stigmatizing language and conduct. Teaches basic and community living skills to clients, either individually or in group settings. Assists and supervises clients in completing daily living activities, such as but not limited to, proper hygiene, grooming and meal planning. Organizes, supervises and encourages participation in social, educational, spiritual, cultural and recreational activities. Implements each assigned client's designated interventions, and behavioral plans. Works with the client's family or designated support persons to understand needs of the client and to help the family/support person assist in the recommended interventions. Monitors and observes clients as appropriate, and measure client's response to interventions; document progress of the client in relation to treatment/service goals and objectives.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED Equivalent.
* One (1) year experience working directly with seriously emotionally disturbed children or seriously mentally ill adults or one (1) year of college study (24 credit hours).
* Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families.
* Must be able to use a computer.
* Must be able to pass a background check.
* Must have a valid driver's license in the state in which you reside; Must be insurable under LCI's automobile plan.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and assigned program division.
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multi disciplinary staff.
* Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse.
* Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, family members of persons served, and coworkers.
* Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served. Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
* Will be required to complete in-service training in the treatment of mental health disorders, abuse regulations and confidentiality.
These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience. Days and hour vary. This is a 32 hour positon. Benefits are pro-rated at 80%.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED