Behavioral Health Research Internship 5/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RTI International has a Behavioral Health Research Internship opening for the upcoming Summer 2017 within the Military and Family Risk Behavior Research program. This internship will provide the successful prospect a mentored learning experience, and the opportunity to expand his/her classroom knowledge and skills within a professional setting.
RTI s Military Behavioral Health and Wellbeing Research Program Area conducts research on health-related topics of importance to active duty and reserve component service members, Veterans, and their families. Our program identifies best practices and applies novel approaches such as wearable technology to characterize emerging threats to the health and wellbeing of military and military-related populations.
The Military and Family Risk Behavior Research program seeks an intern to assist with a new study assessing the effectiveness of a Biofeedback-Assisted Resilience Training for decreasing stress reactions in active-duty military personnel. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Testing of the biofeedback mobile app platform
* Assisting in analysis of pilot and interim main study data
* Assisting with data collection at military bases and medical provider offices
* Obtaining and reviewing relevant literature
* Drafting literature reviews and contributing to writing manuscripts
* Assisting with the team s administrative operations, as needed.
This academic credit internship, located at our Research Triangle Park, NC office, will begin in May 2017 through August 2017. The internship requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible during business hours (9.00am-6.00pm, Monday through Friday). Data collection may also occur intermittently on nights and weekends.
Kindly apply online by submitting your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript in a PDF document.
* Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student majoring or minoring in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, or related area.
* Mental health research, and/or military background, preferred.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Attention to detail.
* Interest in survey research and/or physiologic data.
* Strong teamwork orientation and collaboration and interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Eligible to receive academic credit, fulfill an academic program requirement, or receive external funding.
* U.S. citizen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.