Bell Labs - Analog High Speed ASIC Researcher 9/17/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
Murray Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
JOB POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The successful candidate will perform leading research in the architecture, design and characterization of ultra high frequency and ultra broadband integrated circuits for wireless and wireline. The candidate will investigate and implement high-performance integrated wireless and optical transceivers in silicon-based nano-scale semiconductor technologies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
The candidate will work directly with other Bell-Labs researchers and Nokia business divisions to define novel architectures, perform system analysis, design high performance integrated circuits, simulate, layout and characterize state-of-the-art IC s operating in the mm-Wave frequencies.
The candidate must have hands-on expertise in millimeter-wave circuit design and testing, demonstrated knowledge of RF, microwave millimeter-wave and mixed-mode design techniques and hands-on experience in performing high-frequency measurements. Familiarity with current wireless and wireline modulation formation formats and related transceiver architectures is a plus.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Masters degree with minimum of 4 years of High-Speed ASIC design experience.
* Strong hands-on experience and publications in the design, layout and testing of ultra-high-speed analog, digital and mixed-signal circuits implemented in nano-scale CMOS and SiGe BiCMOS technologies.
* Experience in design, modeling and simulation of millimeter-wave wireless systems, digital transceivers and mixed-signal ASICs.
* Experience in high-speed circuit simulation and characterization using Cadence Spectre, Agilent ADS or GoldenGate and 3D EM simulators.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Experience in system modeling and system requirement analysis using Matlab or Cadence.
* Experience in mm-wave testing and characterization using network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, high-speed oscilloscope, etc.
* Excellent English verbal communication and technical writing skills.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.