Bell Labs - Software & Systems Research Leader 9/17/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
Murray Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SOFTWARE/SYSTEMS RESEARCH DEPARTMENT HEAD POSITION AT BELL LABS
Here in Bell Labs, we are constantly exploring new and exciting ideas in the area of systems and software.
We are looking for a department head to lead a high-caliber and fast-moving team of about ten researchers to pursue these ideas. If you love challenges, have outstanding systems and software skills, and thrive in a collaborative and fun working environment, this opportunity may be for you. This position is ideal for a strong leader who enjoys meeting challenges through visionary thinking and pushing technical boundaries through insightful problem definition and execution of unique solutions. The opening offers an experienced research leader or a senior individual research contributor with a proven record of innovation opportunities to grow as both a researcher and manager.
The team would be based primarily in the USA in our NJ location.
For research focus, we are looking for candidates with strong experience and skills in the following areas:
* Distributed systems
* Large scale AI systems
* Big data processing platforms
* Cloud/virtualized/multi-tenant systems
* Fault tolerant and scalable systems
* Self-constructing and autonomous systems
* Techniques for system deployment and operation
More information about some of our recent projects can be found at our project page.
* PhD in Computer Science or Engineering or related disciplines
* Strong hands-on background in system/software/architecture
* 3 years or more experience in leading system/software projects
* Demonstrated leadership qualities in terms of project definition/execution, people management, and communication
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.