Highgate Hotels, LP
Long Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Bellperson is responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon arrival and departure and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
* Load and unload luggage carts.
* Organize and deliver luggage for tour groups
* Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services.
* Inspect guest s room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
* Explain features of the room including operation of electronic devices and entertainment.
* Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
* Store, track, and deliver packages as needed.
* Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
* Deliver flowers, laundry, packages and other amenities to guestrooms.
* Assist with room changes.
* Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
* Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sports arenas, etc.
* Assist Houseperson with guest requests.
* Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
* Provide information, maps and directions as required.
* Where applicable answer console to assist front desk agents.
* Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel s amenities.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state. (If applicable)
* Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.