BFT MASSAGE THERAPIST FOR REVERE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/28/2018
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONBulfinch Temporary Service is currently looking for a Massage Therapist to work at the MGH Revere Wellness Center, 15 hours per week. The position begins ASAP and is ongoing. Please note this position is temporary in nature and not eligible for benefits.
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing safe massages for adult and pediatric patients.
Massage therapists are responsible for the following:
* Review patient medical record prior to treatment session, including Wellness Enrollment Form.
* Ensure that patient has a completed Medical Clearance form from MD or NP, indicating that there are no contraindications to receiving massage and/or acupuncture
* If patient is coming for first visit, therapist is responsible for completing therapeutic massage or acupuncture Treatment Consent with patient and informing and educating patient about massage or acupuncture treatment, and reviewing and documenting cautions.
* Collaboration with health center staff.
* Provide massage or acupuncture sessions that include brief review of patients history, full explanation of procedures and techniques to patient and then treatment itself
Communicate any patient concerns, comments, or symptoms that arise during massage or acupuncture session to Wellness Center Director and/or patients health care provider.
Ability to make appropriate judgements of the patient to provide safe complementary therapy.
Understand patients needs and present information clearly.
Professional and caring approach with patients in ail phases of illness.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with a diverse population.
Knowledge and good practice of universal precautions including hand hygiene and proper disposal of sharps.
Follows established procedures and policies related to the care of patients.
Maintains patient confidentiality
Demonstrates competencies specific to their complementary therapy role.
At least three years experience in their field of expertise is preferred. Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.