Billing Coordinator 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 103153
Emcare is a leading provider of physician services for emergency departments, inpatient physician services, inpatient radiology management programs, acute care surgery and anesthesiology services. Founded in 1972, EmCare has more than 1,000 exclusive contracts with client hospitals in nearly 42 states. We have an excellent opportunity for a Billing Coordinator to join our team!
Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the Emergency Department charts for the Emergency Department physician billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
* Obtains a copy of current Emergency Department log on a daily basis.
* Identifies and marks log /track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the Emergency Dept. log, and submit trauma patient billing.
* Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
* Collects previous day s patient charts, sorting in date and time order.
* Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time.
* Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information.
* Maintains copy of billing information.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* A High School diploma or GED.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology and/or maintenance of medical records.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills: * Ability to perform multi-tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills in interacting with internal and external clients.
* Strong computer skills in MS office and Windows applications.
* Must be detail-oriented, be able to work independently, and be able to follow through on problems.
* Familiarity with office related equipment and procedures with the ability to maintain organized work flow.