BILLING SYSTEM COORDINATOR / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH - RADIATION ONCOLOGY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The front-end charge capture process is essential for the successful operations of the department. The Billing Systems Coordinator will help ensure that all professional & technical radiation oncology charges are processed accurately and in a timely manner to ensure all entities maximize reimbursement.
This includes making sure that all the procedures have been captured and coded (CPT, ICD9) properly. This independent working position requires the running of several audit reports, creating custom reports, and making necessary adjustments and corrections as required. This position requires close attention to detail, and will work very closely with the Billing Manager. Any delays or errors with the front-end process will have a negative impact on the departments cash flows.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and edit when necessary, all charges in Radiation Oncologys ARIA clinical application system, at all sites, for the proper combination of CPT codes, ICD9 codes, and complete patient demographic information.
- Manual charge entry into ARIA.
- Export charges from ARIA system and upload charge files to BWH and DFCI.
- Daily charge reconciliation between ARIA and the hospitals (BWH, DFCI).
- Work with hospital patient accounting, revenue staff on charge capture or billing interface issues.
- Run audit reports to:
- Identify and capture missing charges for billable services to the hospitals and physicians.
- Ensure timely dictations for all consults and follow-ups for compliance purposes.
- Provide support in the creation of new billing sites (network growth). Making sure all charge code & insurance dictionaries are in place for smooth transition.
- Assist with creating new, and enhancing current, charge capture processes.
- Assist with gathering documentation for the purpose of appealing denied claims from payers.
- Assist with chart audits comparing what was billed with documentation provided.
- Assist with inquiries from our Accounts Receivable staff regarding patients accounts.
- Works closely with other groups within department (MDs, Physics, Therapists, IS) to ensure compliance of charge capture processes.
- Bachelors Degree or at least three years medical billing experience.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong coding knowledge.
- Strong computer/systems application skills necessary to handle a number of current routines and to assist with future migration to EPIC and ICD-10.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle effectively sometimes sensitive patient account situations.
- Good communications skills to be able to interact with patients, physicians, insurance representatives, administrative contacts, etc.
- Ability to function independently with only general supervision. Displays initiative and uses good judgment.
- Need to be able to troubleshoot problems, develop workable solutions to problems, and to follow-up on problem resolution. Must be able to prioritize work and to handle multiple, sometimes conflicting, tasks using sound judgment.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.