BIM / VDC Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 5/11/2018
Arcadis U.S. Inc
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
Arcadis is looking for a VDC / BIM Manager to join the team in our New York City office to work closely with our VDC and Project Controls Staff. This is an opportunity to work on diverse range of infrastructure projects from design through construction. This position is responsible for overseeing all BIM work on selected projects, while working closely with BIM Leadership on the development of pilot projects and business development strategy. The candidate will be responsible for the development and supervision of staff and processes related to the implementation of BIM for design and construction and will ensure successful integration of BIM with project controls workflows. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and be eager to support staff and manage client relationships with a positive attitude, patience, and passion for technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for overseeing all BIM work on selected projects, while working closely with BIM Leadership on the development of pilot projects.
* Development and supervision of project staff and processes related to the implementation of BIM for project controls.
* Coordination of processes for complete model life cycle development and functionality (3D, 4D, 5D, & 6D model development and integration).
* Coordinate the review and validation of construction models (including 4D/5D contractor model submittals).
* Coordinate development of project Navisworks federated model to be used for 4D/5D simulation of project phasing and logistics coordination on large programs.
* Assist project teams by providing and formatting information from virtual models throughout the lifecycle of a project, including utilization of models and visualizations for presentations and reporting construction progress.
* Minimum 3-6 years experience required (extensive understanding of model development procedures and VDC functionality for design and construction necessary).
* Bachelor s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
* Proficiency in Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Sketchup (knowledge of Bentley, ArchiCAD, SoliWorks products, Synchro Pro, and any other a plus).
* Experience in development of 3D models for visualization, 4D models linked to project schedule for simulation, and 5D models to support estimating efforts.
* Experience with development of BIM execution plans.
* Ability to travel to project sites.
* Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineTransportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow today.