BIM / VDC Manager 10/11/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Arcadis is looking for a VDC / BIM Manager to join the team in our New York City office to work closely with our VDC and Project Controls Staff. This is an opportunity to work on diverse range of infrastructure projects from design through construction. This position is responsible for overseeing all BIM work on selected projects, while working closely with BIM Leadership on the development of pilot projects and business development strategy. The candidate will be responsible for the development and supervision of staff and processes related to the implementation of BIM for design and construction and will ensure successful integration of BIM with project controls workflows. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and be eager to support staff and manage client relationships with a positive attitude, patience, and passion for technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for overseeing all BIM work on selected projects, while working closely with BIM Leadership on the development of pilot projects.
* Development and supervision of project staff and processes related to the implementation of BIM for project controls.
* Coordination of processes for complete model life cycle development and functionality (3D, 4D, 5D, & 6D model development and integration).
* Coordinate the review and validation of construction models (including 4D/5D contractor model submittals).
* Coordinate development of project Navisworks federated model to be used for 4D/5D simulation of project phasing and logistics coordination on large programs.
* Assist project teams by providing and formatting information from virtual models throughout the lifecycle of a project, including utilization of models and visualizations for presentations and reporting construction progress.
* Minimum 3-6 years experience required (extensive understanding of model development procedures and VDC functionality for design and construction necessary).
* Bachelor s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
* Proficiency in Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Sketchup (knowledge of Bentley, ArchiCAD, SoliWorks products, Synchro Pro, and any other a plus).
* Experience in development of 3D models for visualization, 4D models linked to project schedule for simulation, and 5D models to support estimating efforts.
* Experience with development of BIM execution plans.
* Ability to travel to project sites.
* Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Understanding of integrated project workflows and basic project management & controls.
* Understanding of construction techniques and technologies, and project controls experience highly desired.
* Self-motivated, highly organized individual with ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments, lead team in effective manner, and contribute meaningful insights.
* Experience with preparation of quantity takeoffs and model maturity tracking for progressive cost estimating.
* Experience with integration of BIM technology with other applications including Autodesk API integration and knowledge of programming languages (C#, VB.NET, LISP, Python) a plus.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.